Join the Erlich Law Firm
Legal Assistant / Entry-level Paralegal
- Potential Client intakes: screening calls or emails from potential clients with ability to handle potentially emotional interactions with callers
- Calendaring: keep electronic calendar updated with deadlines, tasks and to-do items for two attorneys
- Discovery: drafting shell responses, reviewing files
- Court filings: e-filing and physical filing with state and federal courts
- File organization: keeping electronic and physical files organized allowing for quick access to information
- Client interaction: working directly with the client to gather information, documents, and evidence in support of case
Essential knowledge, skills, attributes and experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, client service, organization skills, timeliness, research skills, warm professionalism and the ability to learn quickly.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, experience with law practice management databases (i.e. MyCase, Clio, Abacus or equivalent) and capability to quickly familiarize oneself with new research, billing and client management tools/systems.
- 3-5 years of litigation experience
- An aptitude for and interest in the law
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits for a small plaintiff-side law practice
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid vacation (variable based on tenure, starting at ten days)
- Flexible work schedule available
FREE CASE REVIEW
When employees' legal rights are violated, we take time to explain their legal options, listen to their goals, and aggressively argue their case until we achieve the resolution they deserve.