Why do I need a lawyer for my discrimination claim?
If you suspect your employer has discriminated against you at work, you should discuss your situation with an experienced employment attorney. A lawyer can help you understand your employee rights.
Not all instances of workplace mistreatment are illegal under California law. An employment lawyer can determine whether you have a valid discrimination claim against your employer and explain what legal options are available. Filing a lawsuit does not make sense in every case as it can be costly and time-consuming. Sometimes there are other more effective ways to resolve a situation.
Winning a workplace discrimination lawsuit requires an in-depth knowledge of California and federal labor laws. You must also prove you experienced discrimination, which can be challenging. Hiring a knowledgeable employment lawyer gives you the best chances of getting a favorable outcome. Your attorney will gather relevant evidence along with ensuring you meet the deadlines that apply in your case.
Without an experienced employment lawyer in your corner, you are likely to be at a significant disadvantage when going up against your employer. Companies are often represented by teams of lawyers who will do everything they can to fight any allegations of illegal employment practices.
If you have suffered workplace discrimination, contact Erlich Law Firm for a free initial consultation. A skilled Oakland employment lawyer will listen to what happened and guide you on what steps you can take to hold your employer accountable.
Other Discrimination & Harassment FAQs:
- Are temporary employees able to file discrimination claims?
- My boss yells at me all the time. Do I have a case?
- What are some examples of an adverse employment action?
- What is the California Fair Employment and Housing Act?
- What to do if you feel you have suffered discrimination?
- What type of compensation is available in a discrimination claim?
- What types of damages can I recover in an employment discrimination claim?
- Why do I need a lawyer for my discrimination claim?
FREE CASE REVIEW
When employees' legal rights are violated, we take time to explain their legal options, listen to their goals, and aggressively argue their case until we achieve the resolution they deserve.