How can a lawyer help me with my sexual harassment claim?
California law protects employees from sexual harassment in the workplace. Filing a sexual harassment lawsuit typically requires assistance from an experienced employment lawyer. An attorney can guide you through the complex legal process of obtaining compensation through a harassment claim.
If you have experienced sexual harassment at work, you are likely to have many questions. An employment lawyer can address all your concerns and explain your legal options. Once you decide to pursue a sexual harassment claim, the attorney will craft a personalized legal strategy to build a strong case.
The goal is to hold your employer accountable and obtain maximum possible damages so that you can focus on moving forward and healing. Your lawyer can help you gather evidence such as witness testimony, video footage or personnel files to build your case.
Sexual harassment claims can get complicated if there are multiple parties involved or other workplace violations have occurred. For example, your employer may retaliate against you for filing a sexual harassment claim. In such situations, an employment law attorney can help protect you from unlawful treatment.
California has strict deadlines for filing a sexual harassment claim. Waiting too long to act can mean you lose your right to pursue damages. An employment attorney’s job is to guide you throughout the legal proceedings, including filing the correct paperwork on your behalf in a timely manner.
It is a good idea to speak to an employment lawyer as soon as possible so that you can understand your legal options and determine whether you have grounds for a sexual harassment claim. Most law firms, including Erlich Law Firm, offer free initial consultations. There is no cost to speak to an experienced sexual harassment lawyer.
Other Sexual Harassment FAQs:
- Can I file a sexual harassment claim against my employer if I was harassed outside of the workplace?
- Can I file a sexual harassment claim even if there were no witnesses?
- Can my employer fire me if I complain about sexual harassment?
- Can my employer retaliate against me for filing a sexual harassment claim?
- Can sexual harassment victims stay anonymous?
- Does online harassment count as sexual harassment?
- Does physical touching need to be involved for conduct to be considered sexual harassment?
- Does verbal harassment count as sexual harassment?
- How can a lawyer help me with my sexual harassment claim?
- How long do I have to file a sexual harassment claim?
- I was sexually harassed at work do I need an attorney?
- What evidence do you need to prove sexual harassment at work?
- What happens if you are laid off after being sexually harassed?
- What is sexual harassment at work?
- What is sexual harassment in the workplace?
- What should I do if I was sexually harassed at work?
- What should I do to protect my legal rights if I have been sexually harassed at work?
- What types of sexual harassment can occur in California workplaces?
- Who do I tell if I feel that I am being sexually harassed at work?
- Who is liable for sexual harassment in the workplace?
FREE CASE REVIEW
When employees' legal rights are violated, we take time to explain their legal options, listen to their goals, and aggressively argue their case until we achieve the resolution they deserve.