How can a lawyer help me with my sexual harassment claim?

California law protects employees from sexual harassment in the workplace. Filing a sexual harassment lawsuit typically requires assistance from an experienced employment lawyer. An attorney can guide you through the complex legal process of obtaining compensation through a harassment claim.

If you have experienced sexual harassment at work, you are likely to have many questions. An employment lawyer can address all your concerns and explain your legal options. Once you decide to pursue a sexual harassment claim, the attorney will craft a personalized legal strategy to build a strong case.

The goal is to hold your employer accountable and obtain maximum possible damages so that you can focus on moving forward and healing. Your lawyer can help you gather evidence such as witness testimony, video footage or personnel files to build your case.

Sexual harassment claims can get complicated if there are multiple parties involved or other workplace violations have occurred. For example, your employer may retaliate against you for filing a sexual harassment claim. In such situations, an employment law attorney can help protect you from unlawful treatment.

California has strict deadlines for filing a sexual harassment claim. Waiting too long to act can mean you lose your right to pursue damages. An employment attorney’s job is to guide you throughout the legal proceedings, including filing the correct paperwork on your behalf in a timely manner.

It is a good idea to speak to an employment lawyer as soon as possible so that you can understand your legal options and determine whether you have grounds for a sexual harassment claim. Most law firms, including Erlich Law Firm, offer free initial consultations. There is no cost to speak to an experienced sexual harassment lawyer.

Other Sexual Harassment FAQs:

Client testimonials
Jason took the time to explain and guide me through the challenging process, and went the extra steps in consistently providing guidance and putting my concerns and questions high on their list.

Jeff V., Oakland