What can I do if was wrongfully terminated?
If you have been wrongfully terminated, you should speak to an employment law attorney as soon as possible to determine how to proceed with your claim and protect your rights. There are important time limits in place for filing a wrongful termination claim in California. Failing to meet key deadlines can mean you lose your eligibility to take legal action. If you have a case, the lawyer can help you file a wrongful termination lawsuit to recover damages for lost wages, emotional distress and more.
Being wrongfully terminated is likely to leave you distressed, shocked or angry, but it is important for you to gather documents and other evidence to support your claim. Make sure you immediately record everything related to your wrongful termination. You can even jot down a detailed account of what happened that can help refresh your memory if your case goes to court.
Other Wrongful Termination FAQs:
- How long do I have to file a wrongful termination claim?
- I was recently fired from my job without any warnings or negative performance reviews. Was I wrongfully terminated?
- If I quit my job because conditions were intolerable, do I still have a case?
- What can I do if was wrongfully terminated?
- What should I do if I have been unfairly fired from my job?
- What types of damages can I recover in a wrongful termination claim?