Why do I need a lawyer for my wrongful termination claim?
If you have been wrongfully terminated, you may be able to hold your employer accountable for their unlawful conduct. Filing a wrongful termination lawsuit allows you to recover compensation.
However, not all firings are unlawful. An experienced employment lawyer can evaluate the facts of your situation and determine whether you have grounds for a wrongful termination lawsuit against your employer. Having skilled legal representation gives you the best chance of a successful outcome in your wrongful termination claim.
Proving wrongful termination involves gathering evidence to build a strong case. In addition, it requires a deep understanding of California labor laws. An attorney can determine what employment laws your employer has violated. For example, some wrongful termination claims may also involve harassment, discrimination or retaliation.
An employment lawyer can thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your firing and represent you in court. There are also important time limits involved with filing a wrongful termination claim. An attorney will ensure all paperwork is filed on time so that your right to take legal action remains protected.
If you suspect your employer has fired you for unlawful reasons, contact an Oakland wrongful termination lawyer at Erlich Law Firm. We have experience handling a wide range of wrongful termination cases for workers in California.
Other Wrongful Termination FAQs:
- Can my employer fire me for being sick?
- Does my employer have to hold my job if I take medical leave?
- How long do I have to file a wrongful termination claim?
- I was recently fired from my job without any warnings or negative performance reviews. Was I wrongfully terminated?
- If I quit my job because conditions were intolerable, do I still have a case?
- What can I do if was wrongfully terminated?
- What should I do if I have been fired for reporting harassment or discrimination at work?
- What should I do if I have been unfairly fired from my job?
- What types of damages can I recover in a wrongful termination claim?
- Why do I need a lawyer for my wrongful termination claim?
FREE CASE REVIEW
When employees' legal rights are violated, we take time to explain their legal options, listen to their goals, and aggressively argue their case until we achieve the resolution they deserve.