Why do I need a lawyer for my unpaid wages claim?

The process of filing a wage theft claim against an employer can be a complicated one. Hiring an experienced employment lawyer increases your chances of obtaining just compensation and holding your employer accountable for their misconduct.

Sometimes filing a lawsuit is not the best choice. An attorney can help you understand the options available in your situation. The employment lawyer will answer all your questions and handle the entire legal process, from filing paperwork on time to negotiating a settlement. 

Winning a claim for unpaid wages requires a deep knowledge of labor laws. The employment attorney will collect evidence to strengthen your case. A skilled lawyer will also recognize any forms of wage theft or misconduct that may have been previously overlooked, such as retaliation for complaining about unpaid wages. If many of your coworkers have experienced the same violations, the lawyer may advise you of the potential benefits of filing a class-action lawsuit

If you are involved in a wage dispute with your employer, contact Erlich Law Firm right away. We have experience handling all types of wage theft cases. An Oakland employment lawyer will listen to what happened and discuss your next steps.

Other Unpaid Wage FAQs:


My parents were heavily involved in community organizing. Seeing neighbors and friends’ parents struggle in the workplace gave me a sense of purpose that I wanted to help others. Many employees feel helpless and powerless in the workplace, and helping them vindicate their rights is the right thing to do.

- Jason Erlich

Client testimonials

Jason took the time to explain and guide me through the challenging process, and went the extra steps in consistently providing guidance and putting my concerns and questions high on their list.

Jeff V., Oakland

When employees' legal rights are violated, we take time to explain their legal options, listen to their goals, and aggressively argue their case until we achieve the resolution they deserve.