Why do I need a lawyer for my unpaid wages claim?
The process of filing a wage theft claim against an employer can be a complicated one. Hiring an experienced employment lawyer increases your chances of obtaining just compensation and holding your employer accountable for their misconduct.
Sometimes filing a lawsuit is not the best choice. An attorney can help you understand the options available in your situation. The employment lawyer will answer all your questions and handle the entire legal process, from filing paperwork on time to negotiating a settlement.
Winning a claim for unpaid wages requires a deep knowledge of labor laws. The employment attorney will collect evidence to strengthen your case. A skilled lawyer will also recognize any forms of wage theft or misconduct that may have been previously overlooked, such as retaliation for complaining about unpaid wages. If many of your coworkers have experienced the same violations, the lawyer may advise you of the potential benefits of filing a class-action lawsuit.
If you are involved in a wage dispute with your employer, contact Erlich Law Firm right away. We have experience handling all types of wage theft cases. An Oakland employment lawyer will listen to what happened and discuss your next steps.
Other Unpaid Wage FAQs:
- Am I entitled to rest breaks?
- Are employers required to pay mileage reimbursements?
- Are employers required to reimburse employees for work expenses?
- Can my employer fire me for complaining about unpaid wages?
- Does my employer have to give me meal breaks?
- How long do I have to file a claim for unpaid overtime?
- How much do you get paid for overtime in California?
- Is wage theft a crime in California?
- My employer deducted tips from my paycheck. Is this legal?
- Should I be paid for off-the-clock work?
- What should I do if my employer doesn’t pay me the overtime wages I am owed?
- What should I do if my employer is not paying me my wages on time?
- What types of damages can I recover in a claim for unpaid wages?
- When does my employer have to pay me my final wages upon termination or resignation?
- When must commissions be paid in California?
- Why do I need a lawyer for my unpaid wages claim?
FREE CASE REVIEW
When employees' legal rights are violated, we take time to explain their legal options, listen to their goals, and aggressively argue their case until we achieve the resolution they deserve.